Electrical Softstarter & Variable Frequency Drive Inverter Course: Theory and Practice
An Electrical Softstarter & Variable Frequency Drive Inverter Course was organized by Electrical Technology Workshop on June 6-10, 2023. The course was attended by 13 participants from ILP Kota Samarahan, ILP Miri, ILP Sandakan and ADTEC Bintulu.
The course covered the following topics:
- Basics of electrical motors
- Variable frequency drives (VFDs)
- Applications of VFDs
- Troubleshooting VFDs
The course was delivered by experienced trainers who have many years of experience in the field of electrical engineering. The participants were given the opportunity to learn about the theory and practice of softstarters and VFDs. They also had the opportunity to ask questions and get clarifications from the trainers.
At the end of the course, the participants were able to:
- Understand the basic principles of electrical motors
- Explain the working principle of softstarters
- Describe the working principle of VFDs
- Apply VFDs to different applications
- Troubleshoot VFDs